My mage buddy in the guild gets into a Naxx 25-KT only last night.
Wednesday night and you’ve got KT only?
They get him down to some ridiculously low percentage, fail, and 9 people bail.
It’s only Wednesday, you almost had him, you’re now saved (on WEDNESDAY), and you leave?
Get me in on this!
A quick whisper to the raid leader with my stats and achievement gets me in.
I recognize a few people in the raid.
We have the split-personality pally. I think it was personality number 1… with a few weeks of practice under his belt. He wasn’t nasty enough to be personality number 2. But he did show up to a raid with no reagents to buff people.
Hey, we also have the rogue who ninjas BoE gear. OK, he’s not loot master and he’s not in the same guild as the raid leader.
No vent, since it’s just KT.
Summon in our last druid, fight starts immediately (who wanted to buff the druid? no one? guess not) and would you believe that not everyone made it to the center in time so we got swarmed by a-bombs?
Wipe. Continue reading
Well, it was mostly the Good Way for the restart of the Midsummer quests…
Here’s what I was able to do:
- Any flame I had honored or desecrated LAST year or on SUNDAY was reset. For me, this was all of old world.
- Any flame I had stolen on SUNDAY seems to have been reset. I have only tested this on Exodar so far. The guards there are really bitchy and Mirror Images are still fucking retarded.
- A “new” daily quest, Striking Back, is available from the Earthen Ring representative at a capital bonfire. I may have missed this the other day. Fly out to Hellfire Peninsula and twiddle with an Ice Stone by the Dark Portal (look for the cultists that weren’t there last week). This summons a large Glacial Templar that can be 1-shot by an 80. Returning this quest gets you an additional 10 blossoms.
Here’s what I was NOT able to do:
- Any flame I honored or desecrated on MONDAY was still honored/desecrated and I was not able to interact with them. My hubby was able to re-do any Outland or Northrend flames he happened to pick up on Sunday, but anything from Monday was a negative.
- I was not able to pick up the quest line to kill Ahune again so did not get a chance to pick up the second tabard. (We were still able to summon and kill him, just can’t get the quest line again.)
Last night I finish up the Midsummer achievements (honored and desecrated all the Northrend fires just for giggles also) and earned my title – Flame Keeper Arioch in the house.
And then a friend sends me this link: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17631614070&sid=1
For those of you at work, here’s the important bit:
We are in the process of applying an in-game fix that will restart all of the quests associated with the Midsummer Fire Festival event and allow players to complete them once again. If you are in the process of completing an achievement such as Extinguishing Kalimdor, this fix will reset your progress and you will need start over. This fix will require realms to be restarted.
This can go one of two ways:
- Good Way – I retain my achievements and title and get to run around doing enough fires to get just enough burning blossoms so I can get the vanity item. (I bought the pet already but won’t have enough blossoms to get the brazier.)
- Bad Way – I lose my achievements and title and have to run around and get ALL the fires again.
I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the Good Way, but I won’t get to find out until tonight. Continue reading
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Another holiday event!
And this one is 15 days long!
It’s time for the Midsummer Festival, so grab your marshmallows and head out to bonfires scattered all over the bloody world. Collect Burning Blossoms to buy spiffy gear, fun foods, and a vanity pet.
For the Meta Achievement and unlocking the title of “The Flame Keeper” you will need to complete the following achievements: