Once more, shameless plug for me to get more tokens so that I may win an uber mouse or something.
There are some updates on how to get the pet, and this time they are on an official Blizzard page: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq/mountain-dew.html
The gist of the Battle-Bot pet information:
- The pet is available from early June through August 20th.
- You do not need to spend tokens to get the pet.
- You DO need to have a WoW account, active and all that jazz, restrictions apply to locations.
- You obviously have to register with the Mountain Dew site to get anything.
- You not so obviously have to have a Battle.net account – the standard WoW account won’t do.
- Through the Dew site we will eventually be able to get colored fuel (red and blue) to fill our Battle-bots and they will battle bots of the opposing color. You will not need to spend tokens to get fuel.
Looks like I’m off to upgrade my account to a Battle.net account.
If you have no idea what I’m talking about… check out this post on MMO Champion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=56281.0
The following picture was shamelessly pulled from that post. As if you couldn’t tell from the background.
More updates (like how to actually claim the damn thing) when I know.