Technical post for today.
Was running Sethekk Halls last night to get the Terokkar Turkey Time achievement on my priest, which would net me the Pilgrim’s Bounty meta and I noticed that enemy names and nameplates were, well, rightly fucked up as a football bat.
Tangent – Yes, I know it’s Hallow’s End time, but last Pilgrim’s Bounty I wasn’t high enough level to get in to kill Talon King Ikiss and the achievement doesn’t have any time restrictions on it, just a dress code.
Tangent to the tangent – But I have been running the Headless Horseman on my priest now that Arioch has the mount. And I’m out-DPSing a good portion of the DPS just by Smite-spamming. I don’t really have to heal Tir, so just bubble and Smite to my heart’s content. No mount yet, but I did get the helm and pet for some other achievement.
Anyways, back to what I was talking about.
So sometimes I could get enemy names. Sometimes I couldn’t. Sometimes I could get some of the names.
The actual nameplates that display the health?
I tried checking and unchecking every box under Names in the Interface.
Not only were the results completely random and often contradictory to what the expected result was, but the boxes would frequently uncheck themselves as soon as I closed the Interface window.
So I was flailing along in the instance and decided I would, gasp, look at the official forums.
And the results were pleasant for once.
I was certainly not the only player experiencing the issue and another player had actually found some possible fixes.
The lines are:
- /console bloattest 1 – Might make nameplates larger but it fixes the disappearing ones.
- /console spreadnameplates 0 – Makes them overlap like they used to.
- /console bloatnameplates 1 – Makes nameplates larger depending on threat percentage.
- /console bloatthreat 1 – Makes nameplates resize depending on threat gain/loss. Only active when a mob has multiple units on its threat table.
The first one worked for me, at least so far. I’m not sure if I need to use this every time I log in or when switching characters, but it was a major relief to get those nameplates back.
Hope this helps someone else!