After getting back from Florida with Tir, I got to spend some time just screwing around in WoW, doing things I enjoy.
The raiding schedule is supposed to pick up again this week for one last hurrah before Firelands hits on the 28th (best guess from MMO Champ) so I took the opportunity during the lull to work on some achievements I was close to earning.
Getting Timbermaw to Exalted would net me 3 achievements so it seemed like a good place to start.
I buckled down for a long afternoon of grinding and started with the southern furbolg camp in Felwood.
These guys have really gotten their shit together since the last time I was here. They’ve got little walls and fortifications now, really looks like a respectable little camp. Not bad for bears in bikinis.
22 reputation a pop, this could take a while. At least the feather turn ins will help speed it up.
Hmmm… speaking of which, I’m not getting any feathers. Maybe only the northern camp drops feathers now.
Off to the northern camp!
Nope, still too many kills without a feather drop. Something isn’t quite right here.
They reset all the quests out here with the Cataclysm.
I bet I have to go find a bear to talk to to begin earning their trust again.
Yep, the guy by the tunnel wants me to do a few new quests.
Back to the southern camp!
More easy quests for easy reputation.
(The quest to collect the honey and getting swarmed by bees was cute, I like how much more in depth the quests are now instead of randomly collecting items or kills.)
Through the tunnel and into Winterspring for more easy quests with gobs of reputation!
By the time I was done with all the new Timbermaw quests (and I possibly didn’t complete one chain as far as it could have gone), I only had to grind for about 15 minutes to have enough beads to turn in to be 999 Exalted.
But I was just shy of 8000 Achievement points and couldn’t leave it like that.
So off to Desolace to do the new Cenarion Circle quests for easy reputation!
Those quests got me well into Revered, but I still had to go to Silithus for some grinding. (There are apparently some quests in the Plaguelands, but I want to do those zones later.)
At some point I had already come to Silithus since Cata and done the Cenarion quests available there. Or something glitched. Either way, I had to grind for pages.
I got enough twilight pages to get a full 999 Exalted (it really bugs me when I don’t fill the bar and have to go back to a few to fix that now) and got my 36th exalted reputation and another achievement, bringing me to a solid 8000 points.
I have another 11 reputations at Revered.
Hopefully this weekend I can get Violet Eye done. Tir was kind enough to team up with me for a Kara clear and that almost did it. I could solo everything up to Curator but it turns out that they didn’t remove his arcane immunity and my offspec is currently “choose a talent tree to specialize in.” (I know, I’m slacking.)
After that, I’m going to go back and fill in the 4 non-Cata Exalted reps I have that aren’t all the way to 999 and then pick my next to finish.
I’m not worried about getting the Cata reputations, that will happen just as I get around to running instances or finishing questing in the new zones.
The ones I’m looking at next are:
- Frenzyheart Tribe – just hit Revered, will take a few days, then I can switch to Oracle and play the egg-game
- Keepers of Time – I think I have to run the Caverns of Time instances… does anyone know if the Mount Hyjal raid counts? I haven’t set foot in there yet, would be nice to get 2 birds with 1 stone
- Ogri’la – More dailies. Yay
- The Consortium – There’s an ogre bead turn in for these guys in Nagrand. And I need to kill ogres to get dust to get tokens to get my last Halaa mount. I see much farming in my future.
- The Violet Eye – Should be done this weekend. After that, just need to farm for mount
- Thrallmar – I found a couple marks of favor in my bank, between that and the guild rep bonus, this should go fast
- Darkmoon Faire – ZOMG this is taking so long… only a few hundred more of the little decks or a dozen of the newer ones
- Steamwheedle Cartel (Booty Bay, Everlook, Gadgetzan, Ratchet) – I haven’t done most of the quests for these cities. But I also want to try to get Bloodsail up to at least Honored for the Insane in the Membrane achievement. There is rumor that Blizz is looking at an easier way to raise Bloodsail rep without destroying Cartel rep so I will probably hold off on this collection for a while.
So Violet Eye this weekend, Darkmoon Faire as it happens… I think next I’ll bounce between Consortium and Thrallmar. Both are taking up valuable bank slots with beads and marks. But I should pick up one with dailies as well since I can’t just sit and grind that… Guess toss Ogri’la in there at the same time.
Then to work on the Honored reps… I’ll save the really nasty ones for Thanksgiving and hope we get the reputation gain buff again this year.