I’m on a project at work which is sucking up huge parts of my time and what’s left of my soul.
But I do get a few moments here and there to try and keep on top of things.
Dark/Soth helps keep me sane (less insane?) by providing stimulating debate.
The following is taken from an email conversation we had the other day. I pulled out a name or two to protect the so-called innocent. (No, it’s no one that reads the blog. I think. But it’s definitely not you, Del, since you always seem to think I’m blaming you. Go read this post, your comment yesterday made me think of it again.) Continue reading →
It all starts with someone turning you into a bunny and the next thing you know you’re hopping all over Dalaran looking for odd places to put a rabbit. Looks like I left a suprise in the pie as well.
It seems that my little guild has fallen into an alliance with 2 other little guilds. They’ve been picking up members of my guild as PuGs for a week or two now and we’ve been formally invited to regularly participate with them in raids. I am the official representative of my guild and even get to chime in on loot distribution and such. Go me!
We can easily fill 10 mans and should be able to select the best of each to run 25s, maybe picking up 1-2 random people.
Our first official joint venture will be 10 man Ulduar on Tuesday. Eek!
What a weekend!
Started with a guild run of Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle on Friday. Needed to kill King Y with our orphans out for a Children’s Week achievement. The pally healer and I had run H UP with members of the guild alliance earlier in the week and learned some new tricks for dealing with Skadi that make the encounter easier and net you some extra achievements.
We were running with our pally tank so the pace was slow. Paint-dries-faster-than-we-clear-a-dungeon slow.
Just before we start Skadi, I get a whisper from the priest, they need a couple replacements for a 10 Naxx. Military and Plague are left, am I interested? Continue reading →
The other day, I mentioned that the most-used search to get to my site had to do with the tiny colored eggs from the Noblegarden event. I closed the post demanding that people either search for useful things or watch rabbit porn.
Now people are searching for useful stuff and stumbling on to my site. My rabbit porn also got more hits.
I will provide something useful, just a couple days too late for the guy searching for it…
The query was “arcane mage hit cap for 25 man naxx.”
There is a lot of information out there on hit rating and whatnot and I’m sure there are plenty of sites that break it down for you. And here’s another.
So without further ado: something useful!
Arcane Hit Cap
Disclaimer: This information is only valid until it changes and only for level 80 characters. And I’m only talking PvE here. PvP has a different hit table. As of patch 3.1.something this *should* be accurate. If it isn’t, correct me. If there comes a major patch change that throws all this out the window, don’t correct me.
Your chance to hit a target is expressed as a percentage. To hit a mob of your level (80) you have a base chance of 96%, leaving a 4% miss chance. As the difference in level progresses, the miss percentage becomes astronomically huge. Continue reading →
I’ve been perusing back copies of Megan’s Out of Mana and in some of the older posts the idea of parity comes up in relation to PvP. She makes wonderful equations out of priests battling each other and which ones make the better use of their GCD, the ones that break parity and come out on top.
The thought occurred to me, if you can break parity offensively in PvP, could you do so supportively in PvE? It’s really just a different way of looking at resource management at a group level.
What follows is probably common sense to you all and you’ll hopefully agree or flame me as appropriate.
Take a task that needs to be completed and two players of the same class have the option ability to perform the task.
Two mages and a curse to be removed, two hunters and a mob to be kited, two warlocks and an elemental to be banished. Apples to apples comparison. Continue reading →
I get all warm and fuzzy looking at the charts and formulas, so pretty…
Anyway, today’s post contains math; math which I cannot claim credit or blame for… which is really why I’m putting this out here. It kinda makes sense to me, but so does theorycrafting in schools so I should probably get some more opinions.